At 10,000 feet above sea level, the Cripple Creek KOA is the highest KOA in the world.
It’s always cool (normal mid-June to mid-August highs 70-80, normal lows 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit) and it’s never humid.
You’ll likely see some glorious sunsets and enjoy quiet, restful nights and fabulous star gazing. They have a Colorado high-country setting, a peaceful mountain location bordering BLM forest land.
The Cripple Creek / Victor area is full of things to do:
- Mollie Kathleen Gold Mine
- Live entertainment at the Butte Theater
- Steam train ride between Cripple Creek and Victor
- Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument
- CC/Victor Gold Mining Company (huge commercial gold reclamation operation)
- Cripple Creek Museum
- Nearby horseback riding
- Hiking up Trachyte Knob adjacent to the campground
- Fishing at Skaguay or Eleven Mile reservoirs
- Numerous casinos in Cripple Creek for your gambling pleasure,
- And it is always fun to look for the donkeys that have roamed around Cripple Creek for years.
The campground is located centrally to the Colorado Springs / Pikes Peak area attractions as well as the Royal Gorge Country attractions, each area being 45 minutes to one hour away. Guests call this their base-camp for going to these other areas. You’ll be able to stay busy for days!
Campground staff is able to help with reservations for our guests at numerous Colorado Springs and Royal Gorge attractions, e.g. Colorado Springs/Manitou Springs Cog Railway, Flying W Ranch in Colorado Springs, Royal Gorge Route Train, Echo Canyon or other rafting companies in the Royal Gorge area.
You’ll find spacious RV sites that are pull-thru and with open, spectacular views of the high mountain countryside.
Tent campers may choose a wilderness site in the aspen trees or a deluxe tent site that has a ramada cover, electricity and water.
They have ten camping cabins and two camping lodges.
All camping guests are invited to the pancake breakfast service on Saturdays and Sundays from Memorial Day to Labor Day for an additional charge.
There is a camping kitchen for use by our guests.
All of the sites have fire pits for great campfires on cool evenings.
FAMILIES & PETS
Children 6 years and younger are free, and pets are welcome.
Leave the summer heat behind! Join in for COOL weather in our serene mountain setting!